Monday, April 28, 2008

Last Day of Class

Wednesday, April 23

Yesterday, I went to my final day of school. I have been in school for 7 years. Ok, I have been in school for 20 years. I have been in college for 7. It is a bitter sweet time for me. At this point, I just need a break. Not that I am really getting one with the Bar hanging over my head, but a break from school. However, I love learning and I have genuinely enjoyed every single one of those years. Law school, with the exception of 3 weeks a semester, was a great experience. I have made friends that I will miss so much and have learned a lifetime's worth of information. The thought of venturing out into the big world is scary. I will be a lawyer!!! People's lives and/or money will be in my hands. That is a huge responsibility. But not only will their lives be in my hands, mine will as well. I have to admit that life is pretty posh and simple when Daddy pays the bills. I probably don't tell my parents often enough how grateful I am for all their support (not just financial) during college and grad school and law school. There is no way I could have done it without them!!

Tomorrow, I will graduate from law school. How crazy is that? Dr. Chel, J.D :) I picked up the robes yesterday and they have these cool black stripes on them with a blue and white and purple doctorate hood. So Crazy!!

Today is also my last day of official work. I have been a law clerk for the United States Attorney since last June. It has been a wonderful experience and I have learned so much about the law and about the practice of law. I had the opportunity to work with some of the best attorneys in town.

For a woman that doesn't do change well, there sure is a lot of it in the next couple of weeks. Although I am sad in some ways to leave some things behind, I am thrilled that I get to marry the love of my life.

2 comments:

K Walton said...

You super suck at posting anything...

Kierst said...

Chels- I hope that your blog emails you when people leave comments so you'll know i found your blog....but really your sister is right- you should post more- like honeymoon pictures? how was Colorado?