Monday, April 28, 2008

He Proposed...

Yes, I meant to do this two months ago when he did it, but life manages to get away from me quickly. It was Friday, March 7th. I knew that Spencer intended to propose that night. Ok, formally propose. It has been our long running joke because he told me he wanted to marry me last August, but we had to wait for the never ending diamond drama. Spencer picked me up and brought me the most beautiful set of roses. I handed the roses off to my mother and we headed for the car. As is usually the case, I drove. However, I had no idea where we were driving. Turn by turn, Spencer instructed me on where to go. We eventually arrived at the Joseph Smith Building. We took the elevators to the tenth floor. Spencer had made reservations at the Roof. It is a beautiful buffet that overlooks the Salt Lake Temple to the West and the State Capitol to the North. We had a very nice dinner with my favorite Lion House rolls. We held hands and stared into one anothers eyes (one of our favorite things to do). At this point, I was praying that he wouldn't propose in the restaurant. I hate crowds and I didn't want this to be a group moment. It was at that point that the couple sitting below us did the whole proposal thing. I started to tear up. It was so cute!!! We then asked another couple in the restaurant if they would take our picture….

Spencer paid the bill and we headed for the elevator. Instead of going to the bottom floor, we got off at the lobby level. We walked across the plaza and onto Temple Square. There is a fountain in between the Temple and the South Visitors Center. We walked over and sat down. I was ecstatic at this point!!! I had always envisioned being proposed to in almost that exact spot. I had told my mother for years that this would be the absolute perfect place to be proposed to.

We talked for a minute until all the other people in that area had left. Then he started to tell me about the symbolism of the evening (sorry readers, that's all the details you get.). He got down on one knee and asked if I would be his wife. I, of course, said yes. Then he took my hand and placed the most beautiful ring I had ever seen, on my finger. I designed it, but it turned out even better than I could have hoped for.

A sweet lady on Temple Square offered to take our picture.

Then we called up Adam and Em to go over for a visit. I had to show her the ring!!!

I am a bit disappointed that I can't get a great picture of the ring. Every camera makes the diamond look dark whereas it is anything but. The ring is made of rose gold and has an asscher cut stone. When you look into the diamond, it has many facets that appear to continue in forever. It is so clear. I absolutely love it. Good job honey!!











No comments: